Saturday, January 28, 2012

Change is a Good Thing... Right?!

 Many of you know how I have always dreamed about being a teacher but I recently have had to make some changes in my life.  For some reason I have had thoughts about maybe teaching not being for me anymore.  At first I tried to ignore it but it continued to stay on my mind....I knew something had to be done and after a lot of prayer, fasting, and talking it out with Trevs I have come to the decision of changing my major.  I am now majoring in Child and Family Studies still at Weber but now I will be graduating sooner..Fall 2013!!  It seems like a crazy decision since teaching has always been my dream but Trevor and I feel really confident that it is for the best.  I just wanted to thank those of you who have supported me and who have also shared their thoughts with me to help me know that I have made the right choice.  As crazy as it was it really was a neat and spiritual experience that I thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to have.

Last weekend the two of us and Danny the student at RMTS drove to Happy Valley (it was a big deal to Trevs and I am so happy and proud of him for being so brave) to meet Paige for the Matt Costa concert at BYU!  We really loved Matt Costa and his amazing skills but...we did not love the crowd.  The majority of the crowd was filled with BYU students who thought the concert was just a fun get together for them to talk and act like 5 year olds :/ Yeah so we were not impressed with them and really wanted to ask them nicely to stop talking or leave haha!  We would totally go to a Matt Costa concert again but if we could make a request we would like  him to come to Salt Lake where the fans would be there for the right reasons!

This weekend as in just a few hours ago Trevs thought it was finally time to test out his new Christmas present!  So we headed to the mountains which are just minutes away and discovered the joy of the new gun!  I will be honest I really enjoyed myself..at first the only reason I was going was because I love my husband and spending time with him is my favorite thing ever especially today when it marked our 18 month mark of being married!!! But once I held the gun in my hand it was as if nothing else was around me and I was in the perfect moment breathing the mountain air and seeing a nice big elk in front of me through the scope with a perfect shot about to take place with my dad and husband being so proud of me...ok so maybe I wasn't that into it but I thought it was still fun and wouldn't mind going back when it is just a little warmer!






   
The END

4 comments:

  1. I didnt know you like Matt Costa?! Matt and I have been fans of his since 2006ish. You and the Pettit's with your guns. Funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is good... Not always easy & sometimes very difficult but in the end can be the best thing.
    So proud of you for the steps you took to make your decision... Whatever you end up doing you will be amazing!
    Now the gun situation I'm not to sure about.. You look quite hot in the pics though you could be a gun model! What kind of shoes was trevs wearing in the deep snow? Did his feet freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture! I think that whatever you chose to do you will be great at! :)

    Like your mom I am kinda concerned about the gun thing...I would rather you be holding a paintball gun because....we ALL know "nothing says hello how are ya like a paintball gun"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool you changed- good for you! You always have the cutest out fits too by the way

    ReplyDelete